Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Baby blanket and some end-of-the-year thoughts...

I finished the simplest baby blanket for the coming baby of my sister in law...
One side is made of Fleece, the other is Cotton. I added an applique and finished it in the easiest way possible. I saw this method in Parparim's blog... it is easy and cute...
The applique is from Izzy & Ivy Designs... free!!!
So here it comes...




Now for the end-of-the-year thoughts...
I have learned a lot this year! I baught many patterns and so much fabric... and sewed many items,
My zippers got better. I made pants for myself, and a couple of skirts...
I've made many many clothes to my girls and quiet a lot of gifts...
Lessons for me, for the coming year:
1. I have so many patterns! Think before you buy!!!!!
2. Try to resist the urge to sew the girls everyday clothes... They have enough! They have more then enough! Special occasion clothes are enough!
3. sew more for me! I do NOT have many clothes... I can always make use in some more.
4. Do not sew skirts... you rarely wear those, even though they fit and you like them...

Plans for the coming few months:
well, January and the begining of February are difficult months. I have many cakes to make. Two for a good friend's daughter and three for my soon 4 years old girl!
so for January - I need to make the birthday girl a dress... and pants for my self.
On February I'll probably start with the Purim costumes...
and after that... we'll see :-)
Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment