Sunday, April 11, 2010

Burda 07-2008-118

Hi,
I made a new top for myself using Burda 07-08-118....
I was supposed to make the twist top from Butterick, but it was too diffcult for me...
I needed something easy, some quick success...
Here's the pattern -

The instructions were VERY easy! (I do not say it often about Burda... right?). The order in which to work was very clear... and the parts perfectly match one another!
But - this patterns runs big. I made size 40, I'll have to do again in 38.
There were really no special issues here, very plain. I did change a little bit - I narrowed the body a bit to make it a bit more 'with shape' and I cut about 2 inches of the length. It still looks a bit like a pregnancy top, don't you think?
And I am not pregnant...
So, my conclusions for next time -
1. make it shorter in length
2. make it a size smaller (38 instead of 40)
here it is... (OK, here I am :-)). I may post it for Spring top week. what do you think?

too many circles.. I think. On the other hand, I may just not be used to it, most of the tops I make for myself are dark and more solid... But I like it... I'll wear even though it's too big and not my usual colors...

I also managed to make a size 6 (approxmately) patchwork skirt for a friend's daugters... I was hoping to try it on my 6 years old, but when I only showed it to her she almost cried when she understood the skirt wasn't hers... I put it away.... that's the only pictue I have.



I still have a lot of plans for this month -
1. pants for myself
2. two dresses for my girls (Tini by Farbenmix... I am struggling with it now, not sure how the skirt is attached to to the top. German instuctions do not help much...).
3. Some other small stuff I was hoping to make as gifts... not sure which yet...
well, till next time then :-)

4 comments:

  1. I love that top - the fabric is beautiful. Love it very much indeedy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful top ! I hope all your sewing plans work out .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the top, good luck with the competition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you don't use this magazine any more, maybe you could sell it to me? I can't find it anywhere...i just need the dress pattern n°135.Thank you
    (Sorry for my english...)

    ReplyDelete