Monday, December 14, 2009

Hoverrock


I've loved this pattern since I saw it!
But I only decided to buy it last month!
I know - It is not a practical thing - rompers... now for a kid who no longer wears diapers. But - everything doesn't have to be practical... right?
Anyway - my 6 years old asked for a romper, so it gave me the best excuse to buy the pattern.
It came together very quickly and easily!
I made size 86 cm for my 3 years old. I lengthened the pants part to make it winter romper, added ruffles for fun.
I placed the pockets in the wrong place, didn't realize it until it was too late.
I also didn't have a way to put these cute ribbons on the packets so I just stitched ribbons on the pockets.
The instructions - I downloaded them from the Farbenmix site.
and I used this photo tutorial .
The only 'problem' I have with the instructions - it was difficult for me to understand how to put the elastic under the arm. I finally just put a casing there after the top part was all lined and ready and put the elastic in and then sewed it on the side. I'm not sure this is the way it was supposed to be, but it worked well.
Also - for the ties the instructions say 'cut 2 on folded fabric - for 2 ties'. I saw 'for 2 ties' and sew I cut only two then had to cut two more.
Other then that - I just love it!

and so does my kid!


I'm starting now size 116 cm for my 6 years old!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely combination of fabric and style. Your daughter is darling!

    ReplyDelete