Thursday, August 30, 2012

back to school - KS 3519

I like Kwik Sew patterns, but they are usually pretty expensive, and I don't have many of them. One of the patterns that I have is 3519.

I chose this pattern because it looks great for school. Pants, but cool one. No zipper, no buttons, but still well fit (at least on the picture. And, from what I already know about KS patterns, good explanations.
That being said, I'm not sure my 8.5 years old can't handle zippers or buttons. She's old enough. Still, cute pants..
The pattern calls for pants fabric with a little bit of stretch. On my first attempt I used such a fabric, lightweight pants fabric with a little stretch. I followed the instructions closely, and they were great, very easy to follow.
Sizing:
I measured my daughter, and she's somewhere between M and L. So I made her M but I added a bit seam allowance. Since it was OK, even slightly roomy, I made my second attempt (heavy weight denim fabric with some Lycra) exactly size M.
Both turned out great.

I hope to have some time soon to make new year's dresses for the girls... but I doubt it. I have several projects in process, I must finish them first.
Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. These look great, and I love the contrasting belts and knee detail. I haven't used Kwik Sew patterns before, and it's surprising how expensive they are.

    ReplyDelete