Friday, August 24, 2012

Finally - a (real) quilt!

As I mentioned before, I love quilts! I admire the hard work and details invested into all quilts, the colors, the combinations... I watch and follow many quilts on blogland, admiring them all, and knowing that I could never make one, not a real one, anyhow.
By 'real one' I mean a real quilt, with some pattern, not just rectangles attached to each other. With quilt filling, with all the three layers of quilt.
I too lazy for that. I like instant products... I always choose easy clothing patterns. I know my limitations. This is why I knew I could never make a real quilt.
But than I saw in person some of my friend's work (for the Hebrew readers, I am referring to Irit from Irit B) and knew I have to try. So I did, just a little bit every time.. took me forever.
Now I am the proud owner of a cute little quilt, with filling, binding... everything. It's very small. will be a cute stroller blanket for a newborn... but I thought it's better to try a small quilt first. I LOVE it..
A few months ago a friend introduced me to the accuquilt Wow! what a great idea. Pricy, yes, but... Wow! I thought of it for several months then ordered it (as a present from my husband, he never picks up the correct things to buy to me, better I buy it and he can give me the gift box when the date comes).
So there will be more quilts. It's just a matter of time now! And now - only one more vacation day before school starts! Yes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment