Sunday, July 5, 2009

Laguna.....

I love it, just love it! And so does Lady H.
It's a good thing that I found the sew along on the net though, cause I really found it very difficult to understand what to do. I am still not sure I did it right, but it looks good!
My notes on this skirt -
1. I made size 116 for my 5.5 years old dd. It is slightly short. This is not a big deal, since her skirts always to tend to slip doen her belly botton, but next time I probably should make a bigger size.
2. The construction - in the sew along the instructions call for bias tape - I finished it with my overlock. I did it after the skirt was constructed, but it might be easier to do before constructing the levels? I should try that next...
3. The simpler version of this skirt is half the fabric - I should try that too.

I wonder - is it too much? This is a fency skirt, not suitable for the kindergarten, but - there are just not enough days in the week for all the dresses and skirts. I want to make another skirt but...
we'll see.
It does call for plenty of fabric (the two layers version). That's a down...
Well - the pictures...

And just one more...




This week I'm supposed to finish two Dilberts for my girls...
After that the fun part of the month is done - I have a huge pile of 'need to do' tasks:
fix two pants, fix some sheets fot Lady N new bed, make DH a T shirt. Don't like these tasks... but they must be handled...
Good Day!
Miki

No comments:

Post a Comment