Sunday, July 26, 2009

New look 6405 - Love it!

Well, I had such a busy week!
First, I usually make all my fabric shopping online. I know this is not the best way to buy fabric, but really - I have no other way...
But, last week I took several hours off work, my husband returned home early to take care of the girls and I went with a friend to the best place in Israel to buy fabric! Nahalat Binyamin. And I got so much!!!!




Then, this weekend, I made another attempt of NewLook 6405. I loved this pattern since I saw it, but never gathered the nerve to actually work with knits...
Well - the pattern is great, but it took me so long!
The first attempt I made was for size 8. Not that I'm so small, but I've learned that the pattern sizes of Newlook runs really big..
well - it was too tight!
So I didn't even finish it, and I started my second version, size 10. This one fit nice, I understood the instructions, all was well - until I attempted, according to the instructions, to top stitch the neck band!
It became all wavy!!!!
I saw some pattern reviews of this pattern, and one of them mentioned that it could be done without the top stitch, so I had to attempt it the third time!
(I actually got some nice tips how to top stitch, but didn;t get to that yet).
Well - third time is a charm!
I love it!!!!
it's too short, not my faborite fabric, but I love the shape, the fit! I'll make it again, and again, and again!



What did I learn:
Tips for next time -
1. Make the top a bit longer!
2. Do not top sticth this top unless I'm sure I know how to do it well
3. Otherwise - a great, quick top for summer (it also has a long sleeve vesrion - I'll try that too!

Good Day!
Miki

No comments:

Post a Comment