Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summer sewing

I've been doing a lot of that lately!
I found myself last weekend with an old swimming suit of my 6 years old, that had the elastics ripped out.. It wasn't a great swimming suit, but it did the job...
so I opened old Ottobrre issues and found three swimming suit patterns. None of them worked for me :-(
I don't know what clear elastic is, but I needed it for each and everyone of these patterns.
So I took out a ballet suit, and traced it, changed it a bit, added some gathering on the front. It took three tries, but I ended up with this...



I know it isn't the best swimming suit ever, but the fabric is cute, my kid loves it! it fits..
Happy with the results, I made another one:


We are going to spend next week, the last week of the (way too) big vacation, on a real 4 days vacation. two swimming suits will be handy!
I'm proud of this pattern. This one is mine!
I also made her another Laguna skirt - winter colors this time. The laguna is, I think, good also for the winter over some leggings, since it has two layers, and it is pretty heavy.

So - it is not a waist to make more and more!

I am now in the middle of a new top for me, Hope to finish it this week.

Now, it's not that I neglect my 2.5... I got a new pattern (yes, European, I just love those!) from dotsnstipes. I love this online shop, The service is exceptional!
So I got a few new patterns from there -
This is one -
Emily
Isn't it cute? I will trace from there and once the vacation is over I'll make my little girl some cute stuff too!

I also got a Magazine... I know, I promised no more patterns.. it's a sickness!

And I ordered several machine quilting accessories. I hope I'll make use of them!

Bye for now,
Miki

No comments:

Post a Comment