Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ottobre 02-2005-18 - GREAT PANTS!

I may have mentioned it before... my girl started school! Apparently, though she can wear skirts, most girls wear pants to school, so my Lady H, that has SO MANY skirts... wants to wear pants.
I chose Ot 02-2005-18 and made her two pairs.
Please ignore the poor quality of the pictures... and the total mess we have at home :-( I cannot be expected to both sew and keep the house in order... right????)
Anyway - here it comes!
This is from embroided linen..


This is from some home decor fabric...



I know it looks as if it doesn't sit well... but it really is OK! My girl just has the tendency to pose in weird body shapes when she tries on new clothes...

I made another pair of this pattern, without the ruffle, just the shorts.
I really like this pattern. It is really easy, and looks cute!

My Pattern Review
I made size 122. fit my girl perfectly!
The directions are easy and simple... you make the ruffle, you make the shorts, then attach both.
I finished the ruffle once with bias tape and once I just serged it...

Changes from the original design - I put in the elastics in the regular way (prepared casing and put in the elastics). I like it better this way.

Special likes - It's a great pattern for special pants... I will also make it in denim in the winter. The fit is good... it combines practical pants and fency look.

I also made two pairs of Riviera from SCKL


I think I have this whole school clothes stuff covered for the coming weeks, until winter starts :-)

I also finished a simple dress for my little one.. I will post on that soon, and I now work on two matching bags for my friend and for me. I hope to be done with that in a week...


On another note, I celebrated my birthday last week... amd after thinking about it for a year or so...I decided to buy myself an embroidery machine! It should arrive (in sea) in a couple of months! I have a lot to look for!

No comments:

Post a Comment