Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ronja, Zoe, and some more

I recently baught two new patterns, Zoe and Ronja, both by Farbenmix.
It took me a while to decide to buy them, because next year my big dd will be in school, and will wear school uniform... so really, what do I need Zoe for? Yes, I have my little one, but she has many clothes as is... from her big sister. And also - I enjoy making dresses and skirts...
I finally decided to get them because Ronja seemed special enough to get my girls to wear it instead of skirts sometimes... and Zoe, well, there are many expamples of pretty tops made with it... right here.
I let my dd selct her Ronja colors.. I think it's a bit too much, but with a blacktop.. it is cute, I think...



note for this pattern: the pants fit fine, (though a bit long to be 3/4... but it's fine by me, I prefer them long), but the ruffle part for the skirt is too small...
next time I'll cut longer ruffle parts...

Now for Zoe... well, I had a disappointment here... This is the first time a Farbenmix pattern just didn;t match. The first time I made it, without any changes, the neck just hang there..


I consulted around (in Israeli sewing forums...) and followed some advices from there..
now I have a cute Zoe top


The changes I made:I hope it's visible from the pictures...

There's a lot more to share, but it'll have to wait :-)
Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. I caught a glimpse of the pants and thought "Farbenmix!!!" Very cute! I love their patterns, distinctive and original. I was wondering why you weren't showing up in my blogger, I have visited and enjoyed your blog before and of course emailed with you. Umm....hit the follow button Jenny! Well now I am following! Goofy me, just ignore ME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Ronja pants. You did exactly what I am going to do to Moo's rainbow Zoe..I'm going cut off the bit of the neckline that isn't sitting right and put new ribbing on.

    ReplyDelete