Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fall set!

We went out on Friday to celebrate my father on law's birthday. This was a great excute to dress my 7 years old in her new Butterick skirt
This is an official fall set. I just need to find or make a different blacktop, that isn't see-through :-)

The pattern is Butterick 4593.
The skirt is just great! It is a bit too wide, so after it was prepared I sewed in bias tape to the left of the back part (two pieces, one for each side of the zipper) and put elastic in it. This fixed the problem very well.
The bolero is newlook which I reviewed in here .
The top, as I said, I need to find another.
My little one wore the Hoverrock I made her last year. what a great pattern! it'll be good for her for the coming winter too!


I also made my 7 years old an Olivia top (Farbenmix Olivia, of course). But I made it out of rib fabric, and it is too wide to be a top under a bolero, It's a cute top though.

Yesreday I spent some time checking out the Embroidery function of my new machine. I used the piece of feltalready interfaced that the machine was sent with... and this what I have!

I think I'll put in on the Olivia top, What do you think?


My girl's birthday is in two and a half weeks... so much to do till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment